Virat Kohli's Message for Jawans on Diwali
Photo Credit: Facebook
Kolkata: India Test skipper Virat Kohli extended Diwali greetings to the Indian army, emphathising with the soldiers who spend the auspicious occasion on the border protecting the country.
"I, Virat Kohli, want to wish on this Diwali our jawans all the best," he wrote on Twitter.
"I know what it means staying away from the family. The way you protect our country is worth a lot of praise."
"My brothers, keep faith that I and the entire country will always be with you," he added.
He also wrote on the social networking site, "Whenever you see a jawan, salute them. We get to celebrate festivals & live in peace because of them. Jai Hind #Sandesh2Soldiers."
Kohli's message comes on the back of the Uri attack which claimed the lives of 19 Indian soldiers in Kashmir last month.
Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Taiba has claimed responsibility for the ghastly attack which has kept relations between the squabbling nations at boiling point.
Recommended For You
- Ravi Shastri To Apply For India Coach Job, Has BCCI Assured Him Post?
- Lipstick Under My Burkha Trailer: Daring Portrayal of Women Liberation
- 2017 Skoda Octavia Facelift Review: A Charming Drive, For Drivers and Drivens Alike
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More