Visa expiry case: Mumbai police issues notice to Adnan Sami
The Mumbai police has issued a notice to the singer-giving him 30 days to regularise his visa.
Mumbai: After the film wing of Maharashtra Navnirman Sena asked Adnan Sami to leave the country, the Mumbai police has issued a notice to the singer-giving him 30 days to regularise his visa.
A few days back, The MNS had asked the Pakistani singer to leave India - after it received reports that his Visa had expired.
"Sami met us at our office here today, seeking our cooperation. We told him to leave the country as his visa has expired," MNS film wing president Amey Khopkar had said. "We told Sami that our priority would be our artistes," Khopkar told PTI.
Asked if Sami came on his own, Khopkar said "we received complaints about his staying here illegally and called him."
Sami had reportedly told a family court here that he had a Pakistani passport and was residing in India on the basis of visa granted to him from time to time. He said his visa was valid from September 26, 2012 till October 6, 2013.
(With Agency Inputs)
Recommended For You
- Big Indian Comebacks In a Home Series In Last 20 Years
- #UnitedByHalf | News18 Talks to People About Gender Equality
- Gionee M2017 First Look: Check Out the Rs 1.66 Lakh Gionee Phone
- Get-Fit Tips: Workout Dos And Don'ts By Celebrity Trainer Yogesh Bhateja
- David Warner Warns Bollywood After Watching Daughter Ivy Dance