DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
World AIDS Day 2016 : Durex Launches Condom Emoji For Safe Sex Awareness
Global sexual well-being brand Durex on Monday launched "Umbrella with Raindrops" as the unofficial safe sex emoji ahead of World AIDS Day on December 1.
The unveiling of an unofficial safe sex emoji is the latest move in Durex's ongoing #CondomEmoji campaign which calls for putting a safe sex emoji on every smartphone in order to help young people communicate about safe sex, the company said in a statement.
"We believe the naming of "Umbrella with Raindrops" as the unofficial safe sex emoji will be a significant step towards helping young people put safe sex back on the agenda," said Volker Sydow, Global Director, Durex.
The #CondomEmoji campaign has trended both on Twitter and Facebook with supporters from over 160 countries backing the movement during a survey.
"While more than 60 per cent of young people surveyed admitted to being uncomfortable discussing safe sex, 72 per cent of respondents admitted that they found it easier to express emotions using emojis and more than three quarters admitted that they use emojis to discuss sex and relationships," the survey findings noted.
Recommended For You
- Would Have Approached the 2003 World Cup Differently if T20s Existed Then: Tendulkar
- Trescothick Takes Wonder Catch and Scores 50th Century For Somerset
- Moto C, Moto C Plus Unveiled: Price, Specifications and More
- Saif Ali Khan Opens Up About Ex-wife Amrita Singh In This Old Interview
- Manchester Arena Terror Attack: All You Wanted to Know About Ariana Grande