World's Oldest Panda In Captivity Given Euthanasia
Jia Jia was born in China's Sichuan Province in 1978.
The world's oldest giant panda in captivity, Jia Jia, was given euthanasia on Sunday at the Hong Kong Ocean Park, after her health deteriorated rapidly in the last two weeks.
Aged 38, the female panda had lost sharply her food consumption from more than 10 kg to less than three kg per day, Xinhua news reported.
Jia Jia had spent less time awake and shown no interest in food or fluids for the past few days. The panda's condition worsened on Sunday morning when she was unable to walk and spent the day lying down.
To prevent further suffering, veterinarians agreed to put her to sleep.
Jia Jia was born in China's Sichuan Province in 1978 and was presented together with a male panda by China's central government to Hong Kong as a gift in 1999.
- Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety: Is The Misogyny Served Worth Your Money?
- Now Showing: Masand's Verdict On Welcome To New York, Sonu Ke Tittu Ki Sweety & Three Billboards
- Udaipur Music Festival: Music, As Explained By The Artistes From Across The Globe
- Maldives Emergency : India Appears to be Losing Ground to China in the Indian Ocean | World In Flux
Recommended For You
- Why 'Freely Available' Geospatial Data is Crucial For Development [An Insight]
- Raveena Tandon, Gauhar Khan, Other Bollywood Celebrities Slam Papon
- Three Billboards Review: Frances McDormand-Starrer Is A Clever, Gripping Film You Don't Want To Miss
- Taimur and Inaaya's Viral Picture is a Treat We Deserve on Weekend!
- Kareena Looks Stunning in a Black Saree as She Attends Bengaluru International Film Festival; See Pics