Valbuena Accuses 'Impotent' Benzema Over Sex-Tape 'Slander'
Lyon midfielder Mathieu Valbuena on Wednesday launched an emotional attack on Karim Benzema over the sex-tape saga, accusing the Real Madrid star of "slander".
Karim Benzema. (Image credit: Reuters)
Paris Lyon midfielder Mathieu Valbuena on Wednesday launched an emotional attack on Karim Benzema over the sex-tape saga, accusing the Real Madrid star of "slander".
"Slander is the weapon of the impotent, it is distressing !!! Justice will restore the truth," Valbuena posted on his Twitter account.
Valbuena was responding to comments made by Benzema in French sports daily L'Equipe's online edition the day before.
Investigators suspect Benzema of acting as an intermediary between the presumed blackmailers, including childhood friend Valbuena.
On Tuesday Benzema laid the blame for the fallout of the sex tape scandal squarely on the shoulders of Valbuena, the alleged victim.
He went as far as accusing Valbuena of lying just two days ahead of France naming their squad for upcoming 2018 World Cup qualifiers.
"He called me scum, said I'd threatened him, made up all kinds of stuff," said Benzema, who remains in international exile with his last France appearance in October 2015.
"He's dragged me through the dirt and sullied my family name," he said. "He's got to stop this nonsense.
"He's really got to stop making things up. His continued lying is driving me mad. It all came from him this sex-tape business. All he had to say was the truth about what really happened."
Recommended For You
- Neymar Angered By Questions Related to Transfer to Real Madrid
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- Virat Kohli & Co Sweat It Out at the Nets Ahead of Nagpur Test
- India vs Sri Lanka: Lakmal Ready to Trouble Hosts Again In Nagpur
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows