Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel tops wet final practice in Shanghai
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Shanghai: A wet track after heavy morning rain kept most drivers off the circuit for the final practice before qualifying at the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday.
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel made a brief appearance to set the fastest time of the session in 1 minute, 57.351, but neither of his chief rivals, Mercedes drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, completed a timed lap.
Williams driver Valtteri Bottas had the second-fastest time of the session, 0.7 seconds behind Vettel. Force India's Sergio Perez was third-fastest, a half second behind Bottas.
Only 14 drivers set a time, with the rest choosing to preserve their wet and intermediate tires for qualifying. Thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the day, making a wet qualifying session likely.
Recommended For You
- Australian Open 2017: Rafael Nadal Outlasts Zverev in Titanic Battle
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4: 2GB vs 3GB vs 4GB RAM, Which One Should You Buy?
- Kareena Kapoor Khan To Turn Showstopper For Anita Dongre's LFW Finale Show
- Why Sushant Singh Rajput Is The Most Promising Bollywood Actor Right Now
- Amazon Great Indian Sale Day 2: Deals on Fitbit Charge 2, Coolpad Note 5 And More