Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel tops wet final practice in Shanghai
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Shanghai: A wet track after heavy morning rain kept most drivers off the circuit for the final practice before qualifying at the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday.
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel made a brief appearance to set the fastest time of the session in 1 minute, 57.351, but neither of his chief rivals, Mercedes drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, completed a timed lap.
Williams driver Valtteri Bottas had the second-fastest time of the session, 0.7 seconds behind Vettel. Force India's Sergio Perez was third-fastest, a half second behind Bottas.
Only 14 drivers set a time, with the rest choosing to preserve their wet and intermediate tires for qualifying. Thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the day, making a wet qualifying session likely.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- SPIN TO WINIndia vs England: Wankhede Track Will Be Slow Turner, Says MCA Source
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet