Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel tops wet final practice in Shanghai
Vettel made a brief appearance to set the fastest time of the session in 1 minute, 57.351, but neither of his chief rivals, Mercedes drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, completed a timed lap.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Shanghai: A wet track after heavy morning rain kept most drivers off the circuit for the final practice before qualifying at the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday.
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel made a brief appearance to set the fastest time of the session in 1 minute, 57.351, but neither of his chief rivals, Mercedes drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, completed a timed lap.
Williams driver Valtteri Bottas had the second-fastest time of the session, 0.7 seconds behind Vettel. Force India's Sergio Perez was third-fastest, a half second behind Bottas.
Only 14 drivers set a time, with the rest choosing to preserve their wet and intermediate tires for qualifying. Thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the day, making a wet qualifying session likely.
Recommended For You
- 4 Things To Consider When Preparing Your Child For School
- 2018 Audi A7 Sportback Unveiled
- BCCI Hits Back at Sreesanth, Says Can't Play for Any Full Member
- These Adorable Pictures of Karan Johar's Kids Yash And Roohi Will Make Your Day
- Secret Superstar review: Heartbreaking And Heartwarming In Equal Measure