Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel tops wet final practice in Shanghai
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Shanghai: A wet track after heavy morning rain kept most drivers off the circuit for the final practice before qualifying at the Chinese Grand Prix on Saturday.
Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel made a brief appearance to set the fastest time of the session in 1 minute, 57.351, but neither of his chief rivals, Mercedes drivers Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton, completed a timed lap.
Williams driver Valtteri Bottas had the second-fastest time of the session, 0.7 seconds behind Vettel. Force India's Sergio Perez was third-fastest, a half second behind Bottas.
Only 14 drivers set a time, with the rest choosing to preserve their wet and intermediate tires for qualifying. Thunderstorms are forecast for the rest of the day, making a wet qualifying session likely.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- SRK Completes 25 Years in Bollywood, Thanks Fans For 'Bearing' Him
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Rohit Gets Nostalgic After Completing 10 Years in the Office
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian