Ferrari's Vettel, Raikkonen Top Final Austrian GP Practice
File photo of Sebastian Vettel driving his Ferrari.
Spielberg: Sebastian Vettel led Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen by a narrow margin to top the final practice for the Austrian Grand Prix on Saturday, while Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg crashed heavily.
Rosberg's crash caused the session to be red-flagged for 10 minutes. Rosberg was unhurt but his Mercedes was badly damaged ahead of qualifying later Saturday.
Rosberg hit a curb, spun around and hit the barrier, his left rear wheel suspension apparently damaged. His fastest lap before the crash ended up being the slowest in the 22-car field.
Four-time champion Vettel was 0.136 seconds faster than Raikkonen. But Vettel will be dropped five slots on the starting grid because of an unscheduled gearbox change.
Two-time series defending champion Lewis Hamilton was third in his Mercedes, 0.210 seconds behind Vettel.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo and Max Verstappen were next.
Rosberg has won the Austrian GP for the last two years since it returned to the schedule and leads Hamilton by 24 points after winning five races this season.
Recommended For You
- Kohli Walks Out to the Middle Even After Being Ruled Out
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Life Review: Dialogues Win In This Space Battle Between Human, Alien
- Phillauri Review: Anushka-Diljit's Love Tale Will Work Its Way Into Your Heart