Force India Drivers Finish with Double Points at German Grand Prix
Nico Hulkenberg. (Getty Images)
Hockenheim: Sahara Force India drivers returned with double points with Nico Hulkenberg and Sergio Perez finishing seventh and 10th respectively at the German Grand Prix of the Formula One Championships on Sunday.
Germany's Hulkenberg began the race at eighth and overtook Williams driver Valtteri Bottas towards the end to finish at seventh and grab six points for Force India at his home turf.
His team-mate Perez recovered from a poor start to end the race at 10th and took one point. The Mexican pipped McLaren's Fernando Alonso with a late pass to bag the final championship point for Force India.
Perez is now at the eighth spot in 2016 Drivers Standings with 48 points while Hulkenberg is at 10th with 33 points.
Lewis Hamilton, who won the race with ease today, led the standings with 217 points ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Nico Rosberg (198), who finished at fourth today.
In the Constructors' Standing, Force India is at fifth with 81 points with Mercedes on top with 415 points.
Recommended For You
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings