Force India's Perez Finishes 8th in Singapore GP
Sergio Perez in his Force India racing car. (Getty Images)
Singapore: Sergio Perez drove a fine race to finish a creditable eighth and earn Force India four points from the Singapore Grand Prix at the Marina Bay circuit, here on Sunday.
Perez drove brilliantly and recovered well from his penalised 17th starting position to earn the points fro the Silverstone-based outfit.
However, his team mate Nico Hulkenberg had a disappointing day in office as he became victim of a collision at the start, forcing his ouster without completing a single lap.
Hulkenberg's car came in contact with Carlos Sainz as the Toro Rosso driver took a right manouvere to avoid traffic. The Force India car was spun across the Dutchman's bows and hard into the pit wall.
The safety car was immediately deployed and caught some on their back foot when it went in after the second lap.
Mercedes' Nico Rosberg won the race after holding off a late charge from Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo by just 0.4s.
With Mercedes team mate Lewis Hamilton finishing third, Rosberg now heads his team mate in the standings by eight points.
Kimi Raikkonen narrowly missed out on a podium for Ferrari, while team mate Sebastian Vettel followed him home a strong fifth after starting from the back of the grid. Max Verstappen was sixth for Red Bull, ahead of McLaren's Fernando Alonso, with Force India's Perez, Toro Rosso's Daniil Kvyat and Renault's Kevin Magnussen completing the top ten.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- Wedding bellsAfter Yuvraj-Hazel's Wedding, Cricketer Ishant Sharma Ties The Knot
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings