Hamilton Ahead of Rosberg in Baku As Rivals Struggle
File image of Lewis Hamilton. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Baku: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton set the top time in Friday's practice at the European Grand Prix, ahead of teammate and Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg, who had an engine problem.
Despite unfamiliarity with the bumpy, windy and low-grip Baku street circuit, Mercedes' dominance was undiminished.
The strong challenges that Red Bull and Ferrari had put up in Monaco and Montreal, respectively, were glaringly absent. Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo snapped off a wheel colliding with a barrier and teammate Max Verstappen suffered a clutch-related oil leak. The team's best time was 1.8 seconds off Hamilton, while Ferrari was further back.
Drivers continuously ran off as they tested the limits on the new circuit, while loose curbs damaged tires and required frantic adjustments.
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Fadnavis 'Did not Discourage' Johar's 5 Crore 'Donation' to Army Fund
- India, New Zealand Sign Three Agreements
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- UP Polls: Akhilesh Yadav's 'Vikas Rath Yatra' to Begin from November 3
- Shivpal Invites Nitish Kumar, Sharad Yadav to SP's 25th Anniversary Celebrations, Hints Alliance
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence