Lewis Hamilton Ahead of Nico Rosberg in Final European Grand Prix Practice
Lewis Hamilton. (Getty Images)
Baku: Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in Saturday's pre-qualifying practice session at the European Grand Prix, edging Mercedes teammate and Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg by a quarter of a second on the Baku street circuit.
The Mercedes cars were again a class above their rivals, with Force India's Nico Hulkenberg third fastest but 1.2 seconds off Hamilton's time.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was fourth, ahead of Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel in fifth.
The session ended under a red flag due to debris on track after a collision by Force India's Sergio Perez with the same trackside barrier that caught out Ricciardo on Friday.
Williams' Valtteri Bottas did not complete a lap after driving over a pitlane drain cover which flicked up and punctured a hole in the car's sidepod.
Recommended For You
- ArchrivalsIndia, Pakistan in Same Pool of Hockey World League Semi-final 2017
- Selfie ChatKahaani 2: Friendship with Sujoy Ghosh? It's Non-existent, Says Vidya Balan
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet