Lewis Hamilton Ahead of Nico Rosberg in Final European Grand Prix Practice
Lewis Hamilton. (Getty Images)
Baku: Lewis Hamilton set the fastest time in Saturday's pre-qualifying practice session at the European Grand Prix, edging Mercedes teammate and Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg by a quarter of a second on the Baku street circuit.
The Mercedes cars were again a class above their rivals, with Force India's Nico Hulkenberg third fastest but 1.2 seconds off Hamilton's time.
Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo was fourth, ahead of Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel in fifth.
The session ended under a red flag due to debris on track after a collision by Force India's Sergio Perez with the same trackside barrier that caught out Ricciardo on Friday.
Williams' Valtteri Bottas did not complete a lap after driving over a pitlane drain cover which flicked up and punctured a hole in the car's sidepod.
Recommended For You
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- 3 Reasons to Not Buy a Term Plan
- Sneaky Little Girl Steals Pope's Hat Right Off His Head Leaving Him in Splits
- Sonam Kapoor Looks So Ethereal In This Sabyasachi Ensemble
- Clarke Slams Australian Media for 'Tarnishing Kohli's Image'