Hamilton Edges Rosberg in Baku Practice, Ricciardo Crashes
File image of Lewis Hamilton. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Baku: Mercedes driver Lewis Hamilton set the fastest pace in Friday's opening practice at the European Grand Prix, ahead of teammate and Formula One championship leader Nico Rosberg.
A number of drivers ran off track on a bumpy, windy and dusty Baku street circuit, with Red Bull's Daniel Ricciardo snapping off the right rear wheel in a collision with a barrier which brought out the red flag.
Hamilton had a less serious brush with a wall but was still a third of a second ahead of Rosberg, with Valtteri Bottas third fastest, thriving on the 2.1-kilometer (1.3-mile) main straight as he got his Williams up to 351 kph (218 mph).
McLaren's Fernando Alonso was an impressive fourth fastest, ahead of Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel, 2.2 seconds off Hamilton's time.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Uthappa and Gambhir Demolish Daredevils in Kolkata
- New Chevrolet Beat to Launch in India on May 25
- OnePlus 3T Midnight Black Review: The Best Black Phone That Money Can Buy
- Baahubali 2: Prabhas, Rana's Powerful Performances Make it Film of 2017
- Sachin Tendulkar Should Help in Cricket Administration: Vinod Rai