Kevin Magnussen Expects to Compete at Italian GP
Kevin Magnussen expects to compete at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix after medical checks showed no serious injury to his left ankle following a crash at last weekend's Belgian GP.
Kevin Magnussen. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Guyancourt: Formula One driver Kevin Magnussen expects to compete at this weekend's Italian Grand Prix after medical checks showed no serious injury to his left ankle following a crash at last weekend's Belgian GP.
The Renault team said in a statement on Tuesday that the 23-year-old Danish driver had "no fracture or serious injury," adding that motorsport's governing body, the FIA, will "confirm if Kevin is fit to compete following a final assessment on Thursday in Monza."
Magnussen lost control of his Renault coming out of the top of the hill at Eau Rouge, spinning at speed and slamming backward into the barriers. He climbed out quickly but was noticeably hobbling and went to a local hospital for checks.
Magnussen says "I am sure I will be in the car this weekend."
Recommended For You
- Student of The Year 2: Karan Johar Quashes Reports of Ishaan Khatter Featuring With Tiger Shroff In Film
- Delhi Air Pollution – How Tesla Semi EV Truck Makes a Perfect Sense?
- Jurassic World 2 First Glimpse Sees Chris Pratt Treating Ancient Predators Like Pets
- OnePlus 5T vs Samsung Galaxy S8 [Specs]: The 'Flagship Killer' Certainly Lands a Few Death Blows
- Historic First For Indian Pacers at Eden Gardens, as Spinners Draw Blank