Lewis Hamilton Fastest in 3rd Practice for Russian Grand Prix
Hamilton edged his Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg in the third practice for the Russian Grand Prix, taking first place by .068 seconds on Saturday. (Getty Images)
Sochi: Lewis Hamilton edged his Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg in the third practice for the Russian Grand Prix, taking first place by .068 seconds on Saturday.
Hamilton's time was the fastest in practice yet, beating his own time from Friday.
The two Ferraris were third and fourth, with Sebastian Vettel .603 seconds off Hamilton's time, and Kimi Raikkonen .720 further back.
Vettel, who faces a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change, spent most of the session on a long race simulation run, clocking up 28 laps, more than any other driver.
There were fewer incidents than in Friday's practice, when the slippery Sochi asphalt caused several spins.
Recommended For You
- Srikanth Beats Olympic Champion Chen Long to Win Fourth Superseries
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Virat Kohli Unreasonable Target in Kumble Controversy: Thakur
- Matin Rey Tangu Joins SRK, Salman Khan At Baba Siddique's Iftar party
- Rohit Gets Nostalgic After Completing 10 Years in the Office