Lewis Hamilton Fastest in 3rd Practice for Russian Grand Prix
Hamilton edged his Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg in the third practice for the Russian Grand Prix, taking first place by .068 seconds on Saturday. (Getty Images)
Sochi: Lewis Hamilton edged his Mercedes teammate and championship rival Nico Rosberg in the third practice for the Russian Grand Prix, taking first place by .068 seconds on Saturday.
Hamilton's time was the fastest in practice yet, beating his own time from Friday.
The two Ferraris were third and fourth, with Sebastian Vettel .603 seconds off Hamilton's time, and Kimi Raikkonen .720 further back.
Vettel, who faces a five-place grid penalty for a gearbox change, spent most of the session on a long race simulation run, clocking up 28 laps, more than any other driver.
There were fewer incidents than in Friday's practice, when the slippery Sochi asphalt caused several spins.
Recommended For You
- LFW 2017: Sonakshi Sinha Looks Vibrant In Tangerine Monisha Jaising Dress
- Yuvraj Singh: The Phoenix Who Keeps Coming Back Again and Again
- Sasikala No Replacement, Won't Last Long, Says Jayalalithaa's Biographer
- Saina Nehwal Storms Into Malaysia Masters Semifinals
- Amazon Great Indian Sale: Deals on OnePlus 3T, Moto G4 Plus, Lenovo Z2 Plus And More