Lewis Hamilton Flies to Italian Grand Prix Pole
File image of Lewis Hamilton. (Getty Images)
Monza: Lewis Hamilton nailed pole for the Italian Grand Prix with a blistering fastest lap for Mercedes in Saturday's qualifying at Monza.
The British defending world champion, who started from the back of the grid at Spa last weekend, is joined on the front row by team-mate and title rival Nico Rosberg.
German Rosberg, who trails the Briton by nine points in the driver's standings, was a significant five tenths of a second slower.
Ferrari duo Sebastian Vettel and Kimi Raikkonen occupieed the second row.
If he wins Sunday's race, Hamilton will be the first driver since Argentine Juan Manuel Fangio in the 1950's to complete a Monza hat-trick.
Hamilton did equal Fangio's five career poles at Monza for his seventh of 2016.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Nawazuddin Opens Up About His Struggles, Looks and Manto's Impact
- Sridevi Opens Up About Rejecting Baahubali, Rajamouli's Comments
- Ivanka Trump Fashion Choices: 12 Times Trump's Daughter Made Headlines
- Watch The 'Tech And Auto Show': Jeep Compass, Yamaha FZ25, One Plus 5 & More