Mercedes' Nico Rosberg Eases to Belgian GP Win, Lewis Hamilton Third
Mercedes' Nico Rosberg. (Getty Images)
German Nico Rosberg eased to victory in a chaotic Belgian Formula One Grand Prix on Sunday.
The Mercedes driver crossed the line 14.1 seconds ahead of Red Bull’s Daniel Ricciardo.
World championship leader Lewis Hamilton, starting on the back row of the grid after taking a 55-place engine-related grid penalty, clawed his way back up the field to finish third.
The race was briefly halted in the early stages after a massive crash for Renault’s Kevin Magnussen.
The Dane was taken to hospital for routine checks after suffering a cut to his left ankle in the high-speed crash.
Rosberg's sixth win of the season cut team mate Hamilton’s lead in the standings to nine points with eight races remaining.
Recommended For You
- Shami Answers Virat Kohli SOS, Joins Team in Dharamsala
- Sneaky Little Girl Steals Pope's Hat Right Off His Head Leaving Him in Splits
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A vs Redmi 3S: What's the Best Budget Xiaomi Phone
- Sonam Kapoor Looks So Ethereal In This Sabyasachi Ensemble
- Clarke Slams Australian Media for 'Tarnishing Kohli's Image'