Mercedes Says No Team Orders for Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
A file photo of Mercedes' Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton. (Reuters)
Silverstone: Mercedes Formula One drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will remain free to race each other for the world championship after their costly last lap collision in Austria, the team said on Thursday.
However the 'rules of engagement' have been strengthened to include "greater deterrents to contact between our cars," the team added in a statement at the British Grand Prix, without giving details.
So-called team orders, with the drivers told to hold station at a certain point of the race, could be imposed in future "as a solution of last resort" if the drivers do not honour the agreement.
Recommended For You
- Watch Virat Kohli & Boys Sweat it Out in the Gym on Off Day
- Navya Naveli Nanda Spotted on a Movie Date With a Friend
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Virender Sehwag Has the Perfect Advice for Married Men