Mercedes Says No Team Orders for Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg
A file photo of Mercedes' Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton. (Reuters)
Silverstone: Mercedes Formula One drivers Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg will remain free to race each other for the world championship after their costly last lap collision in Austria, the team said on Thursday.
However the 'rules of engagement' have been strengthened to include "greater deterrents to contact between our cars," the team added in a statement at the British Grand Prix, without giving details.
So-called team orders, with the drivers told to hold station at a certain point of the race, could be imposed in future "as a solution of last resort" if the drivers do not honour the agreement.
Recommended For You
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review: A Complete Budget Android Phone Under Rs 10,000
- EXCLUSIVE PICTURESSourav Ganguly - Dada of Gully Cricket
- DisgustingBertolucci's Rape Scene Confession on the Sets of 'Last Tango in Paris' Leaves Hollywood Shocked
- Dead Rises AgainThe Mummy Trailer: Tom Cruise Starrer Reboot Rides High on Action
- PARTNER CONTENTCash Crunch: Yes Bank SIMsePAY Enables Cashless Transactions Without Smartphone or Internet