Nico Hulkenberg to Leave Force India, Set For Renault
The 2015 Le Mans winner has been strongly linked to the French team and Force India sources confirmed he was heading to that team
Nico Hulkenberg. (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
London: German driver Nico Hulkenberg is set to race for Renault next season after his Force India team said on Friday he would be leaving at the end of the season "to pursue other opportunities within Formula One".
The 2015 Le Mans winner has been strongly linked to the French team and Force India sources confirmed he was heading to that team. There was no immediate confirmation from Renault, however.
"Everybody at Sahara Force India wishes Nico well as he embarks upon a different path in Formula One," said Force India team principal Vijay Mallya in a statement.
"While it's true we will miss Nico, we respect his decision to explore fresh opportunities and it would be wrong to stand in his way."
Recommended For You
- Salman Khan Recreates Judwaa Magic With Jacqueline Fernandez
- UM Commando Classic and Mojave First Ride Review: Royal Enfield Rival, Finally?
- MS Dhoni Must Credit Kohli For Resurgence, Says Sourav Ganguly
- Elli Avrram Tells You About Exercises to Improve Flexibility
- A New Mother’s Guide: What To Do Once You Are Back Home With Your Baby