Nico Rosberg Tops Times at Rain-hit Practice
File image of Nico Rosberg. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Nico Rosberg topped the times ahead of his Mercedes team-mate Lewis Hamilton in Friday's rain-hit second practice for this weekend's Austrian Grand Prix.
The 31-year-old German clocked a best lap in one minute and 7.967 seconds to outpace his British rival by 0.019 seconds in a session that was interrupted by a heavy downpour.
The rain caused an interruption that divided the practice into two parts and also caused several unexpected incidents.
Nico Hulkenberg was third fastest for Force India, six-tenths of a second behind the two Mercedes men, ahead of Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari.
Vettel spun his car in the final minutes, losing control ahead of Turn Two where he ended up 'beached’ in a gravel trap and caused the deployment of a Virtual Safety Car to conclude the session.
Australian Daniel Ricciardo was fifth fastest in the leading Red Bull on the team’s ‘home’ Red Bull Ring circuit ahead of Spaniard Carlos Sainz for Toro Rosso.
Rosberg is seeking his third successive victory since the Austrian Grand Prix rejoined the calendar in 2014 to take clear control of the drivers’ championship in which he leads Hamilton by 24 points.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- POWER PACKEDLenovo K6 Power Review With Video: Best Android Phone Under Rs 10,000?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility