Red Bull Drop Kvyat to Toro Rosso, Promote Verstappen
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Red Bull dropped Daniil Kvyat to sister team Toro Rosso following his disastrous weekend at the Russian Grand Prix and promoted Max Verstappen as his replacement ahead of the Spanish Grand Prix.
Kvyat twice crashed into Ferrari's Sebastian Vettel on the opening lap in Russia, leaving the four-time world champion in the wall and livid.
"Max has proven to be an outstanding young talent. His performance at Toro Rosso has been impressive so far and we are pleased to give him the opportunity to drive for Red Bull Racing," team principal Christian Horner said in a statement.
"Dany will be able to continue his development at Toro Rosso, in a team that he is familiar with, giving him the chance to regain his form and show his potential."
Vettel, who won his four world titles with Red Bull before departing to Ferrari, was replaced by Kvyat who graduated from Toro Rosso.
Verstappen will drive alongside Daniel Ricciardo at the Spanish Grand Prix.
Recommended For You
- Barack Obama Spills The Beans On How He Survived The White House Years
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment
- Bangladesh Hit New Low in Test Cricket - We Tell You How
- Saif Ali Khan Responds to Criticism Over Naming His Son Taimur
- Samsung Galaxy S8 Revealed: Price, Specs And Everything Else You Need to Know