Red Bull Extend Engine Deal With Renault
Red Bull confirmed the extension of its engine supply deal with Renault through to the end of the 2018 season. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Formula One team Red Bull has confirmed the extension of its engine supply deal with Renault through to the end of the 2018 season.
The extension came after a turnaround both in performance of the engine this season and the relationship with the team, after a serious deterioration last year.
The engine will continue to be badged as TAG Heuer, with powertrain developer Ilmor working with Red Bull to enhance the Renault engine.
Red Bull team principal Christian Horner said on Sunday that "after the reconstruction that Renault has undertaken, clear progress has been made which has made it logical to continue."
Red Bull driver Daniel Ricciardo has pole position for Sunday's Monaco Grand Prix.
Recommended For You
- Shami Answers Virat Kohli SOS, Joins Team in Dharamsala
- Ducati XDiavel S Review: The Rs 19 Lakh Motorcycle Made to Make You Smile
- Sneaky Little Girl Steals Pope's Hat Right Off His Head Leaving Him in Splits
- Xiaomi Redmi 4A vs Redmi 3S: What's the Best Budget Xiaomi Phone
- Clarke Slams Australian Media for 'Tarnishing Kohli's Image'