Ricciardo Beats Hamilton, Rosberg in 2nd Monaco GP practice
Red Bull Racing's Daniel Ricciardo on track during the second practice of Monaco GP. (Getty Images)
Monaco: Australian driver Daniel Ricciardo gave improving Red Bull another boost Thursday with the fastest time in the second practice session of the Monaco Grand Prix, quicker than Mercedes pair Lewis Hamilton and Nico Rosberg.
Red Bull struggled for consistency last season but the car's pace is improving, with teammate Max Verstappen winning the Spanish GP two weeks ago.
Ricciardo was more than half a second quicker than Hamilton and .899 seconds faster than Rosberg.
In the morning's first practice, Hamilton led Rosberg and Ferrari driver Sebastian Vettel.
But Vettel struggled in the afternoon, damaging his rear wing at the Mirabeau turn and spinning his car at Sainte Devote as he clocked the ninth fastest time.
There is a final practice on Saturday ahead of qualifying.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pakistan 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage