Sauber's Marcus Ericsson Passed Fit to Race in British GP
File photo of Sauber Formula One driver Marcus Ericsson. (Reuters)
Silverstone: Marcus Ericsson was passed fit to race in the British Grand Prix following a medical examination on Sunday morning.
The Sauber driver crashed heavily during final practice on Saturday morning and was taken to hospital in Oxford for checks.
He returned to the circuit late Saturday and, following his medical examination by the International Motoring Federation, has been given permission to race by the stewards.
The Swedish driver will start from the pit lane in a rebuilt car that includes a new gearbox.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Golden TweetVirat Kohli's Tweet Supporting Anushka Sharma is The Golden Tweet of 2016
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility