Mick Schumacher Jr Has to Settle Again for Fourth in Formula 4
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Mick Schumacher again missed out on a podium place with another fourth place in the second round of Germany's Formula 4 races at Oschersleben on Sunday.
The 17-year-old son of Formula One legend Michael Schumacher came within 0.539 seconds of third having also had to settle for fourth by a similarly narrow margin in Saturday's opening race of the new season.
Australia's Joey Mawson, 20, claimed his second win after Sunday morning's race got off to a chaotic start with three safety car phases.
The race had to be restarted and the race was reduced from 30 laps following a serious accident in the first lap.
Schumacher Jr, who races for the Italian Prema Power team, has a last chance to get on the podium in Sunday afternoon's final race on the Oschersleben circuit, near Hannover.
Schumacher will race in both the German and Italian competitions in 2016.
He earned two wins and a fourth at Misano last weekend on the opening weekend of Italy's Formula 4 season.
Last season, he finished 10th overall in the German Formula 4 championship.
Former seven-time world champion Michael Schumacher suffered head injuries in a skiing accident in the French Alps in December 2013.
He spent six months in an induced coma before returning to his home in Switzerland to continue his rehabilitation.
Recommended For You
- Hacking Twitter's SecurityTwitter Hack: 10 Important Steps to Keep Your Account Safe
- BLOCKBUSTER CLASHEl Clasico: Barcelona Desperate to Break Real Madrid's Unbeaten Streak
- SnapshotVirat Kohli, Anushka Sharma Attend Yuvraj Singh's Wedding in Goa
- Puskas Award 2016Malaysia Player Beats Messi, Neymar to FIFA Shortlist
- QUITTING ON TOPList of Champions Who Suddenly Called it Quits