Schumacher Junior Wins Twice in One Day at Formula 4 Championships
File image of Mick Schumacher. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Mick Schumacher, the 17-year-old son of stricken Formula One legend Michael Schumacher, claimed two wins in one day on Saturday in the German Formula 4 championships.
Schumacher Jnr's success behind the wheel comes as his father, a seven-time world champion, continues his rehabilitation at home from head injuries suffered in a skiing accident in December 2013.
"The speed was there, the car was good, everything is okay," the teenager told broadcaster Sport1 at the Lausitzring, near Dresden.
After claiming victory in the early afternoon's first race despite a mass pile-up involving 11 cars on the first lap, Schumacher managed a second victory in the evening race.
In the drivers' championships, Schumacher's double means he has closed the gap to just 11 points behind the leader, 20-year-old Joey Mawson of Australia, who finished sixth and second in the day's two races.
Schumacher will be bidding for a hat-trick on Sunday in the final of the three races.
The German now has three wins in German F4 this season having picked up a victory on the opening weekend in April.
He has also racked up three victories from six races in Italian F4 this season, which runs parallel to the German championships, and is also second in their drivers' championship.
Recommended For You
- #TheTechAndAutoShowThe Tech and Auto Show: OnePlus 3T Vs OnePlus 3, Toyota Prius And More
- #TrendingMaisie Williams Topless Pictures Leaked Online; Aren't Explicit Says Rep
- Source Advisorkhoj#FutureIsCashless, But Your Money Should Grow Too!
- ROAD TO TOKYOMary Kom Lightens Up to Punch Hard, Goes Back to Light Flyweight
- Virat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings