Sebastian Vettel Takes Five-place Grid Penalty in Russian GP
File image of Sebastian Vettel. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Sebastian Vettel will start on Sunday’s Russian Grand Prix with a five place grid penalty after his Ferrari team on Friday decided to change his car’s gearbox.
The four-time world champion had earlier stopped out on track during second practice when his car failed due to an electrical problem.
He was second fastest in the afternoon session behind defending three time world champion Lewis Hamilton of Mercedes.
Vettel has admitted he and Ferrari are under pressure to improve results after seeing Hamilton’s team-mate Nico Rosberg reel off three season-opening wins to lead the title race by 36 points.
Hamilton is also using a new gearbox this weekend, but this follows him replacing one at the Chinese Grand Prix where he took a grid penalty. He has no grid penalty for this race.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Co Thank Pune for Hospitality as They Head to Cuttack
- Bigg Boss 10: Om Swami to be a Part of Show's Finale
- Reliance Jio Effect: Vodafone Offering 4GB Data for The Price of 1GB and More
- Somdev Devvarman Tears Into AITA in an Open Letter - Read Here
- Watch: How People Closest to Us, Transform Us in a Moment