Verstappen Fastest in F1 Testing After First Win in Spain
Red Bull F1 driver Max Verstappen of The Netherlands holds trophy after winning Spanish Grand Prix.
Barcelona: Max Verstappen was fastest in Formula One testing on Wednesday, three days after he became the series' youngest race winner at the Spanish Grand Prix.
On his return to the Barcelona track with Red Bull, the 18-year-old Verstappen had a time of 1 minute, 23.267 seconds, more than seven tenths of a second faster than McLaren test driver Stoffel Vandoorne. Mercedes test driver Pascal Wehrlein was third.
Verstappen was already using the much-anticipated engine upgrade that Red Bull hopes will see it running closer to Mercedes and Ferrari.
Sebastian Vettel of Ferrari led the way on Tuesday, the first of two days of testing in Barcelona.
Championship leader Nico Rosberg was second with Mercedes.
- Donald Trump's Daughter-in-Law Celebrates Diwali at Hindu Temple in US
- Donald Trump Says Would Probe Email Investigation of Hillary Clinton
- Uri Attack: JuD Claims Responsibility For The Terror Assault, Pak Under Pressure
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Tata Sons Appoints Ralf Speth, N Chandrasekaran on Board
- Cyrus Mistry Ouster: Reasons not Provided in Board Meeting to Avoid Public Battle
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom