Vettel Leads the Way in 1st Practice Session at Spanish GP
Vettel's time of 1 minute, 23.951 seconds at the Barcelona track was about a tenth of a second faster than Raikkonen. Rosberg was .503 slower than Vettel, and Hamilton was 0.660 off the pace. (Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Barcelona: Sebastian Vettel and Ferrari teammate Kimi Raikkonen led the way in the first practice session for the Spanish Grand Prix on Friday, running about half a second faster than Mercedes teammates Nico Rosberg and Lewis Hamilton.
It was an encouraging start for Ferrari as it tries to end Mercedes' streak of four straight wins for Rosberg to start the season.
Vettel's time of 1 minute, 23.951 seconds at the Barcelona track was about a tenth of a second faster than Raikkonen. Rosberg was .503 slower than Vettel, and Hamilton was 0.660 off the pace.
Max Verstappen, who replaced Daniil Kvyat at Red Bull, was sixth-fastest, behind teammate Daniel Ricciardo.
Kvyat was only 12th fastest in his return to Toro Rosso, Red Bull's feeder team.
Recommended For You
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pakistan 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Jason Roy Dismissed in the Most Unusual Way Against Proteas