Dilpreet Singh-inspired India Thrash Oman 11-0 at U-18 Asia Cup Hockey
Image for representation purpose only. (Getty Images)
Dhaka: India registered a thumping 11-0 victory over Oman in the U-18 Asia Cup hockey, boosting their chances to make the knockout round on Sunday.
With three players scoring hat tricks, the result never looked in doubt, as India looked to boost their goal difference and confidence after the shock loss to hosts Bangladesh.
The goals started early with the captain Nilam Sanjeep Xess scoring off a penalty corner in the 8th minute. In the 15th minute Xess doubled the tally via another PC conversion, before Abhishek s field goal in the next minute gave India a 3-0 lead.
Relentless in attack, and constantly pressurising their opponents, India scored three more goals before half time via Shivam Anand (26 ), Ibungo Singh Konjengbam (30 ) and Dilpreet Singh (34 ).
Dilpreet would be named the Man of the Match for an all-round performance which also saw him register a hat trick with two goals in the second half (53 , 68 ). Hat tricks were also scored by Xess who completed his in the 52nd minute and Ibungo Singh Konjengbam (40 , 62 ).
The eventual scoreline saw India win 11-0.
Recommended For You
- Brad Hodge Drops Hint On Why Kohli Sat Out Dharamsala Test
- Maruti Suzuki Ignis Review: Is It The Car For You?
- Sushmita, Daughter Alisah Dancing To Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You Is Amazing
- Gionee A1 Review: A Phone That's Custom Made For Selfie Lovers
- Find Out Why Steven Smith Tapes His Shoe Lace to His Socks