Hockey India Rewards Team for Super Performance in Champions Trophy
Members of the Indian men's hockey team take a selfie after being awarded their runners up medals during the FIH Men's Hero Hockey Champions Trophy 2016 final between Australia and India on June 17, 2016 in London, England. (Getty Images)
London: India's silver medal winning performance in the 36th Hero Champions Trophy has earned the players and team officials a reward from Hockey India.
Immediately after the medal presentation, Narender Batra, President of Hockey India, went to the dressing room and announced the rewards.
"Australia did well to win the title, but for me you too are winners today," said Batra soon after the Champions Trophy jury had rejected India's appeal against a shootout infringement.
India lost 1-3 in the shootout to world champions Australia after the title encounter remained goalless in regulation period.
Hockey India's chief announced that each player and the chief coach would receive a reward of Rs 2 lakh, while the remaining support staff shall be rewarded by Rs 1 lakh.
Young defender Harmanpreet Singh, who was yesterday adjudged the Youth Player of the Tournament, will get an additional Rs 1 lakh as reward.
Recommended For You
- Youtube rewindRajnikanth's Kabali Trailer: The Most Watched Movie Trailer on YouTube in 2016
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- MORE THE MERRIERFIFA President Infantino Backs 48-Team World Cup
- Making of AmmaA Viral Post on Jayalalithaa Highlights the Odds She Fought to Become Tamil Nadu's Iron Lady
- YouTube RewindTop 10 YouTube Videos of 2016: Kala Chashma is The Most Watched Music Video