Hockey India to Donate Rs.10 Lakhs for Maharashtra Drought Relief
HI announced that it will donate Rs.10 lakhs to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadanavis to offer a helping hand to the drought affected areas in the western state.
New Delhi: Hockey India (HI) on Wednesday announced that it will donate Rs.10 lakhs to Maharashtra Chief Minister Devendra Fadanavis to offer a helping hand to the drought affected areas in the western state.
The drought that has struck Marathwada and Vidarbha has left many families in the rural regions in a miserable state. There is not enough drinking water for people there and the farmers in the region have been adversely impacted by the drought that has destroyed most of the crops.
“This is a heart-wrenching tragedy that has befallen Maharashtra, we just want to fulfil our responsibility to bring relief to the farmers of the state in every way possible," HI secretary general Mohd. Mushtaque Ahmad said.
"This is the time when everyone should step up and extend full support to our fellow citizens in this calamity."
HI CEO Elena Norman said: "There has been considerable loss to the farmers community. Our contribution is a small gesture of support to help them recover.”
- Watch: Talking point With Zakka Jacob
- Windfall for Ace Lawyers As Tata-Mistry Courtroom Battle Set to Prolong
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Excerpts From the Mistry Email Alleges That Ratan Tata was a Behind the Scenes Presence
- Cyclonic Storm Kyant May be Heading Towards Andhra Pradesh
- Bigg Boss 10, Day 9: Luxury Budget Task BB Laundry Creates Havoc In The House
- Rajnath Singh Speaks to Odisha CM After Security Forces Kill 24 Maoists
- Andhra Pradesh Deputy CM Suffers Minor Injury After Elevator Cable Snaps