Hockey: India Women suffer second straight defeat in Hawke's Bay Cup
The Indian women's hockey team slumped to its second consecutive defeat in the Hawke's Bay Cup, going down 0-4 to Ireland on Sunday.
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Hastings (New Zealand): The Indian women's hockey team slumped to its second consecutive defeat in the Hawke's Bay Cup, going down 0-4 to Ireland on Sunday.
After a barren first quarter, the Indian defence let in two goals in the next 15 minutes when Anna O'Flanagan (25th minute) and Nicola Daly (29th) scored twice for Ireland in a span of five minutes.
After the change of ends, Chloe Watkins (37th) made the scoreline 3-0 in Ireland's favour before Megan Frazer (44th) found the net again for the Irish girls seven minutes later.
Indian eves had earlier lost 0-1 to hosts New Zealand in the tournament opener.
India will next play China in their next Pool B match on April 5.
Recommended For You
- Neymar Angered By Questions Related to Transfer to Real Madrid
- Delhi Air Pollution – How Tesla Semi EV Truck Makes a Perfect Sense?
- Virat Kohli Heaps Praise on 'Back-up' All-rounder Vijay Shankar
- Jurassic World 2 First Glimpse Sees Chris Pratt Treating Ancient Predators Like Pets
- Sonam Kapoor Makes a Splash at an Event with a Colorful Fashion Ensemble; See Pic