Hockey: India Women suffer second straight defeat in Hawke's Bay Cup
Image Credit: Getty Images.
Hastings (New Zealand): The Indian women's hockey team slumped to its second consecutive defeat in the Hawke's Bay Cup, going down 0-4 to Ireland on Sunday.
After a barren first quarter, the Indian defence let in two goals in the next 15 minutes when Anna O'Flanagan (25th minute) and Nicola Daly (29th) scored twice for Ireland in a span of five minutes.
After the change of ends, Chloe Watkins (37th) made the scoreline 3-0 in Ireland's favour before Megan Frazer (44th) found the net again for the Irish girls seven minutes later.
Indian eves had earlier lost 0-1 to hosts New Zealand in the tournament opener.
India will next play China in their next Pool B match on April 5.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Navya Naveli Nanda Spotted on a Movie Date With a Friend
- Maruti Suzuki Sells 1.07 Lakh Units of Alto in First 5 Months of 2017
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance