India Go Down 0-4 to Australia in Azlan Shah Cup Hockey Final
(Photo Credit: Getty Images)
Thomas Williams Craig and Matt Gohdes scored a goal each as Australia dashed India’s hopes to clinch their ninth Sultan Azlan Shah hockey title with a thumping 4-0 win in Ipoh, Malaysia, on Saturday.
Craig scored in 29th and 35th minutes, while Gohdes drew blood in 43rd and 58th minute as Kangaroos thrashed five-time champions India in an attacking display of their skills.
Indians defended well in the first quarter as no goal was scored, but Australia launched attacks from the second quarter and within no time they were dominating in the match.
Craig continued his onslaught as he scored the second goal for the team in 35th minute. Matt Gohdes dealt another blow on India in the 43rd minute when he tripled the lead for Australia. He scored his second and the team’s final goal just before the whistle.
Both teams changed their goalkeepers in the fourth quarter. For India, Harjot Singh came in but to no avail.
Recommended For You
- Isuzu D-Max V-Cross Test Drive Review - Lone Survivor
- Pak Cricket Fan Trolled For Comparing SRK's Popularity with Sarfraz Ahmed
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From In the Name of God by Ravi Subramanian
- Ahead of Tubelight Release, Know More About Salman Khan’s Biggest Hits
- 2-Minute Exercise: Gauahar Khan Talks About The Benefits of Squats