India Junior Women Beat Spain in Five-Nation Hockey Meet
Image to represent hockey (Getty Images)
Valencia: Indian junior women's team edged past hosts Spain 3-2 in the five-nation invitational hockey tournament in Valencia.
In a highly charged encounter, it was the hosts who had the early breakthrough as Clara Ycart provided the vital lead in the 15th minute.
India equalised via Jyoti's goal in the 28th minute to take the game into half time with the scoreboard reading 1-1.
In the second half, India came out charging and Ritu gave India the lead via a penalty corner in the 42nd minute.
Two minutes later though, Spain were awarded a stroke and Ycart made no mistake from the spot to draw them level.
The two teams tussled away in the midfield, and despite the chances and circle penetrations no one could breach the goal over the next twenty minutes.
In the final 10 minutes, India improved their game as they were rewarded in the 62nd minute.
Sangita Kumari scored to give them the lead. The goal would prove to be the winner, as India held on for three points.
The Indian eves will now take on Germany on Thursday.
Recommended For You
- FITNESS CONCERNSIndia vs England: Pacer Mohammed Shami Doubtful For Fourth Test
- Unbelievable?Aishwarya Rai's Recent Photo with Katrina Kaif, Madhuri Dixit Will Make Your Day
- Best of the best?Rannvijay or Prince? Who is The Best Roadie of All Time
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly
- PARTNERSHIP ENDSWorld Number Two Novak Djokovic Splits With Coach Boris Becker