India Women Lose 1-2 to Great Britain in Second Hockey Test
A file photo of India women hockey team. (Getty Images)
Marlow (England): The Indian women's hockey team suffered its second successive loss, going down 1-2 to Great Britain in the ongoing five-match series.
The Indians thus trail the hosts 0-2 in the series.
The visitors looked the dominant side through the 1st quarter. But the hosts began to exert pressure as the quarter went on and opened the scoring in the 15th minute.
Legh scored the first goal for Great Britain. In the opening minutes of the second quarter Britain won a penalty corner and converted it via Cullen to go 2-0 up. They kept the lead intact leading into half time.
As the third quarter of the match started, India won a penalty corner In the 32nd minute but were denied by the British defense. The Indian eves still managed to net a goal and ended the quarter trailing by a single goal. Grace scored the goal for India.
There were no further goals added in the fourth quarter.
Speaking after the game, India chief coach Neil Hawgood said, "It was a much improved performance by us. The team played as a unit and worked on the errors from their second match. It's an improvement. "
India play their third match of the series against Great Britain on Sunday.
Recommended For You
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Toilet Ek Prem Katha: First Song of the 'Progressive' Film Looks Too Regressive
- Ziva and Zoravar Bond on the Sea Beach in Jolly Harbour
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Virender Sehwag Has the Perfect Advice for Married Men