New Zealand Beat India 1-0 in Six Nation Hockey Tournament
Image Credit: Hockey India.
Valencia (Spain): New Zealand defeated India 1-0 in the Six Nations Invitational Hockey Tournament 2016 here on Thursday.
Stephen Jenness scored the only goal in the 18th minute to guide New Zealand to a much-needed win over India.
Jenness made it look easy fooling the Indian goalkeeper's poor clearance to give New Zealand the lead early into the second quarter.
Failing to make the most of the chances, India handed over the match to New Zealand, who played sensibly to not allow their opponent to sneak through their defence.
India now recorded their second defeat of the tournament after losing to Germany 4-0 and find themselves in the bottom half of the points table.
They will next play Argentina on Saturday.
Recommended For You
- Kapil Sharma Breaks Down While Filming His Show
- American Photographer Captures Bollywood at Its Candid Best and Every Photo Narrates a Story
- Sushmita, Daughter Alisah Dancing To Ed Sheeran's Shape Of You Is Amazing
- New Nissan Terrano Launched at a Starting Price of Rs 9.9 Lakh
- March 27, 1994: Opener Sachin Tendulkar Is Born