New Zealand Beat India 1-0 in Six Nation Hockey Tournament
Image Credit: Hockey India.
Valencia (Spain): New Zealand defeated India 1-0 in the Six Nations Invitational Hockey Tournament 2016 here on Thursday.
Stephen Jenness scored the only goal in the 18th minute to guide New Zealand to a much-needed win over India.
Jenness made it look easy fooling the Indian goalkeeper's poor clearance to give New Zealand the lead early into the second quarter.
Failing to make the most of the chances, India handed over the match to New Zealand, who played sensibly to not allow their opponent to sneak through their defence.
India now recorded their second defeat of the tournament after losing to Germany 4-0 and find themselves in the bottom half of the points table.
They will next play Argentina on Saturday.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil, Shivaay Advance Bookings Have Been Phenomenal: Reports
- Don't Have Grace in Dancing: Ajay Devgn
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans
- Dhanteras Buying Fails to Lift Gold; Falls Rs 110