Rajkot Hockey Ground Gets FIH Recognition
Hockey (Picture Credit: Getty Images)
Rajkot: The Major Dhyanchand Hockey Ground in the city, owned by the local civic body, has received recognition from the International Hockey Federation (FIH), Municipal Commissioner Vijay Nehra said on Thursday.
The Rajkot Municipal Corporation (RMC)-owned turf in Race Course area has become the first ground in Gujarat to get approval from the apex global body governing the sport, he said.
"After developing the hockey ground, we started the process of getting international certification a few months ago. A team of FIH officials visited the ground recently and issued the approval. It has became the first hockey ground in Gujarat to have the FIH approval," he said.
"Besides Rajkot, there are only 30 grounds in the country that have FIH recognition. RMC spent around Rs 5 crore to develop the ground, which was built within a year," Nehra added.
Recommended For You
- FROM THE CRICKETWALLAHVirat Kohli: The Captain With The Midas Touch?
- Ready?Shah Rukh Khan, Salman Khan To Act Together In Movies Again?
- CASH CRUNCHIPTL 2016: Demonetisation Hits League, No Federer, Williams This Season
- In MemoriamJayalalithaa Filmography: 10 Musical Hits
- RIPJayalalithaa the Actor: Films That Mirrored Her Versatility