Champions Trophy Hockey: Sehawag, Laxman Hail India's Performance in Final Despite Loss
India and Australia in action during the Champions Trophy final.
Indian men's hockey team lost their Champion Trophy final 1-3 to Australia via penalty shootout late on Friday night but fans and big stars around the world hailed their gutsy performance.
After the 60 minutes of regulation play remained goalless in the final, Australian goalkeeper Tyler Lovell denied S.K. Uthappa, S.V. Sunil and Surender Kumar in the penalty shoot-out to drive Australia to their 14th Champions Trophy title -- most by any side.
Harmanpreet Singh was the only scorer for India, while for Australia, Aran Zalewski, Daniel Beale, Simon Orchard succeeded. Indian goalkeeper P.R. Sreejesh could only deny Trent Mitton.
Here is how twitter reacted after India's defeat:
— VVS Laxman (@VVSLaxman281) June 18, 2016
#HCT2016 Congratulations team India! Your silver medal is studded with diamonds of appreciation & admiration from all indian hockey lovers
— jagbir singh (@jagbirolympian) June 18, 2016
— Viren Rasquinha (@virenrasquinha) June 17, 2016
— Virender Sehwag (@virendersehwag) June 17, 2016
Bad luck Indian hockey team...we r proud of u the way u played ....
— parthiv patel (@parthiv9) June 18, 2016
Australia won-But India dominated the game!
Big effort by India to reach at this level!
In Hockey-India my Olympic Gold medal favourite!
— Ajay Maken (@ajaymaken) June 17, 2016
— Rahul Mehra (@TheRahulMehra) June 17, 2016
Recommended For You
- CLOSE SHAVEUmpire Paul Reiffel Retires Hurt After Being Hit by Bhuvneshwar Kumar's Throw
- Amazing VoiceThis Kolkata Security Guard's Golden Voice Is Winning Hearts On The Internet
- Amazing videoYouTube Rewind Celebrates Videos, People And Trends That Made 2016 Memorable
- DEBU'TON'TKeaton Jennings: Another South African Comes Good For England
- ExplosiveRaees Trailer: 6 Explosive Dialogues That Sum up SRK's Character Perfectly