Sports Ministry Announces Rs 10 Lakh Grant for Mohammed Shahid
A file photo of former Indian Hockey Star Mohammad Shahid.
New Delhi: The Union Sports minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh for ailing Olympic hockey gold medallist Mohammed Shahid, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver and kidney ailment at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon.
"All medical expenses for Mohammed Shahid reimbursed + Rs 10L from @YASMinistry at immediate disposal for overhead expenses," sports minister Jitendra Singh tweeted.
Shahid's medical expenses are being taken care by his employers Indian Railways.
Known for his artistic stickwork, Shahid was a member of the V Baskaran led Indian team that won its last gold medal at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
Shahid was also a part of the team that won silver at the Delhi Asiad in 1982 and bronze in the Seoul Asiad in 1986.
Recommended For You
- Fallout of Indo-Pak Tension?Wasim Akram to Miss IPL 2017 Due to 'Professional Commitments'
- Why Pay More?OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What's New And All You Need to Know About It
- CAPTAIN MARVELVirat Kohli: The Milestone Man
- Movie ReviewBefikre Review: A Glossy, Predictable Indian Love Story
- MR CONSISTENTVirat Kohli Retains Second Spot In ICC ODI Rankings