Sports Ministry Announces Rs 10 Lakh Grant for Mohammed Shahid
The Union Sports minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh for ailing Olympic gold medallist Mohammed Shahid, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver and kidney ailment in Gurgaon.
A file photo of former Indian Hockey Star Mohammad Shahid.
New Delhi: The Union Sports minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh for ailing Olympic hockey gold medallist Mohammed Shahid, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver and kidney ailment at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon.
"All medical expenses for Mohammed Shahid reimbursed + Rs 10L from @YASMinistry at immediate disposal for overhead expenses," sports minister Jitendra Singh tweeted.
Shahid's medical expenses are being taken care by his employers Indian Railways.
Known for his artistic stickwork, Shahid was a member of the V Baskaran led Indian team that won its last gold medal at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
Shahid was also a part of the team that won silver at the Delhi Asiad in 1982 and bronze in the Seoul Asiad in 1986.
Recommended For You
- Zaheer Khan-Sagarika Ghatge: All You Need To Know About The Newlywed's Wedding Reception Invitation Card
- Virat Kohli & Co Sweat It Out at the Nets Ahead of Nagpur Test
- Student of The Year 2: Karan Johar Quashes Reports of Ishaan Khatter Featuring With Tiger Shroff In Film
- Firangi New Song: Gulbadan Is Perhaps The Most Awkward Mujra Song Ever
- The Journey of Manushi Chhillar: From Changing Lives To Winning The Crown