Sports Ministry Announces Rs 10 Lakh Grant for Mohammed Shahid
A file photo of former Indian Hockey Star Mohammad Shahid.
New Delhi: The Union Sports minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh for ailing Olympic hockey gold medallist Mohammed Shahid, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver and kidney ailment at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon.
"All medical expenses for Mohammed Shahid reimbursed + Rs 10L from @YASMinistry at immediate disposal for overhead expenses," sports minister Jitendra Singh tweeted.
Shahid's medical expenses are being taken care by his employers Indian Railways.
Known for his artistic stickwork, Shahid was a member of the V Baskaran led Indian team that won its last gold medal at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
Shahid was also a part of the team that won silver at the Delhi Asiad in 1982 and bronze in the Seoul Asiad in 1986.
Recommended For You
- Suresh Raina Meets Prime Minister Narendra Modi in The Netherlands
- Apple CEO Tim Cook And PM Modi Discuss Make in India iPhone SE
- Rajinikanth to Discuss Political Plans With Amitabh Bachchan?
- Kareena, Katrina To Malaika: B-Town Celebrities Attend Manish Malhotra's Bash
- Team India Coach Job: Engineer Has Solution for Kohli's Arrogance