Sports Ministry Announces Rs 10 Lakh Grant for Mohammed Shahid
A file photo of former Indian Hockey Star Mohammad Shahid.
New Delhi: The Union Sports minister Jitendra Singh on Saturday announced a grant of Rs 10 lakh for ailing Olympic hockey gold medallist Mohammed Shahid, who is undergoing treatment for serious liver and kidney ailment at Medanta Medicity in Gurgaon.
"All medical expenses for Mohammed Shahid reimbursed + Rs 10L from @YASMinistry at immediate disposal for overhead expenses," sports minister Jitendra Singh tweeted.
Shahid's medical expenses are being taken care by his employers Indian Railways.
Known for his artistic stickwork, Shahid was a member of the V Baskaran led Indian team that won its last gold medal at the 1980 Moscow Olympics.
Shahid was also a part of the team that won silver at the Delhi Asiad in 1982 and bronze in the Seoul Asiad in 1986.
- Shivaay Review: Ajay Devgn-starrer Is Seldom Compelling
- Shivaay Movie Review: Ajay Devgn Is In Every Frame and We Wish He Wasn't
- Missing Home This Diwali? 7 Movies to Make You Feel Closer to Your Loved Ones
- Twitter to Launch Diwali Emoji, Will Be Available Starting 28 Oct
- PM Modi's Sandesh2Soldiers Drive Draws Over 10 Lakh Messages
- Ae Dil Hai Mushkil Review: Genuinely Moving Drama With Terrific Performances by its Leads
- Diwali Gifts: Top Cars in India That Are Ideal for It
- PM Modi Likely to Spend Diwali on Indo-Tibetan Border with ITBP Jawans