Women's Asian Champions Trophy: India Trump China to Win Maiden Title
Indian players celebrate after scoring a goal against China in the final of the 4th Women's Asian Champions Trophy. (Photo Courtesy: Hockey India)
New Delhi: The Indian women's hockey team created history by winning the Asian Champions Trophy title for the first time by beating China 2-1 in the final.
Deep Grace Ekka had put India in front in the 13th minute by converting from a penalty corner. The Indian managed to hold on to their lead but China equalised in the 44th minute through Zhong Mengling.
India had gone down fighting to China on Friday in their last league game, which was their only loss in the tournament. This victory though has come as sweet revenge.
Recommended For You
- OnePlus 5 vs OnePlus 3T vs OnePlus 3: What Difference to Expect?
- Jagga Jasoos: Katrina, Ranbir Look Adorable in the New Song Jhumritalaiyya
- Hockey World League: India Thrash Pak 6-1, to Face Canada in 5th-6th Playoff
- Jaguar Teases E-pace, to Make Global Debut on July 13th
- Watch: Tubelight Kid Matin Rey Tangu's Adorable Audition Footage