1 dead, 1 critically injured in New York City high rise fire
<p>Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.</p>
Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.
Firefighter spokesman Danny Glover said the fire reported to authorities shortly after 11 am on Sunday was in an apartment on the 20th floor of a building at 43rd Street and 10th Avenue.
He says it was brought under control shortly before 1 pm. He says smoke spread to several apartments around the affected apartment. Glover says it was not immediately clear what caused the fire.
He says about 40 units responded to the fire. Two civilians with critical injuries were taken to separate New York hospitals where police say one of the victims later died.
- Rahul Gandhi Pledges Congress' Full Support to Modi Over Surgical Strikes
- Watch: Ranbir Kapoor Expresses the Pain of One-sided Love Convincingly in Channa Mereya
- It's High Time We Respond to Terrorism: John Abraham
- Rahul Gandhi Flays RSS, Accuses it of Trying to 'Divide India'
- Surgical Strikes: Political Parties Speak in One Voice, Mehbooba Strikes Note of Caution
- Fresh Picture of Lalu's Sons With Scribe-Murder Accused Surfaces
- Supreme Court Notice to Lalu's Son, Shahabuddin in Journalist Murder Case
- Cricketer Mohammad Kaif Slams Media House For Confusing Him With Sharpshooter