DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
1 dead, 1 critically injured in New York City high rise fire
<p>Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.</p>
Authorities say one person has died and another has been critically injured in a high-rise apartment fire in midtown Manhattan.
Firefighter spokesman Danny Glover said the fire reported to authorities shortly after 11 am on Sunday was in an apartment on the 20th floor of a building at 43rd Street and 10th Avenue.
He says it was brought under control shortly before 1 pm. He says smoke spread to several apartments around the affected apartment. Glover says it was not immediately clear what caused the fire.
He says about 40 units responded to the fire. Two civilians with critical injuries were taken to separate New York hospitals where police say one of the victims later died.
Recommended For You
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- Kangana-Ketan Battle: Another Filmmaker Accuses The Latter Of Hijacking His Film
- GST Effect: Ford Figo, Aspire, EcoSport Get Discounts Of Up To Rs 30,000
- Priyanka Chopra Meets PM Modi In Berlin
- Nuzhat Fought Taboos to Play Cricket, Picked for ICC World Cup