1 held for 'molesting' co-passenger on Rajdhani
Accused Moinul Islam has allegedly molested a co-passenger on board the Dibrugarh-bound 2423 up Rajdhani Express.
Kokrajhar: One person was on Wednesday arrested in Kokrajhar railway station for allegedly molesting a co-passenger on board the Dibrugarh-bound 2423 up Rajdhani Express. Accused Moinul Islam of Hojai was beaten up by an angry mob at the railway station for misbehaving with a lady travelling in the same train and allegedly molestating her, GRP sources said.
Islam harassed his co-passenger, an engineer on her way back to Kokrajhar after attending an entrance exam in New Delhi.
On informing her father from the train over phone in Kokrajhar about the incident, he registered a case with the GRPF at the railway station here and also intimated the railway station in-charge for necessary action.
After news of the molestation spread a huge mob gathered at the station to got hold of the man as soon as the train arrived at 2.30 pm.
They collared the accused identified by the woman from the train and beat him up before police and GRPF personnel took him to Kokrajhar Police station, they said.
The irate mob also ransacked the office of the station incharge alleging he had initially allowed the train to go without attempting to locate the culprit.
Recommended For You
- India vs Australia: Heaviest Defeats for India at Home Since 1987
- OnePlus 5 to Launch in April: All You Need to Know of the Waterproof Phone
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Alia Is Ahead of Sonam in Best Actress Category
- Vijay Hazare Trophy: MS Dhoni Scores 43 But Jharkhand Loses to Karnataka
- Fitness Freak Jacqueline Fernandez Loves Trying Different Workout Routines