10 Indian players to take part in German Open Table Tennis
Reigning national champion Anthony Amalraj and Achanta Sharath Kamal will participate in the GAC Group ITTF World Tour German Open.
New Delhi: A 10-member Indian table tennis team, including reigning national champion Anthony Amalraj and Achanta Sharath Kamal, will participate in the GAC Group ITTF World Tour German Open which began on Wednesday at Bremen.
Some of the players named in the team are already in Sweden playing in the European circuit and they will join those who left for Bremen in the wee hours on Wednesday, a Table Tennis Federation of India release said.
The other members of the team are Soumyajit Ghosh, Harmeet Desai, G Sathiyan, Sourav Saha, Nitin Thiruvengadam, Nishad Bharat Shah among boys and Mallika Bhandarkar and Nikhat Banu amomg girls.
Meanwhile, the TTFI has sent four junior boys - Utkarsh Gupta, Abhishek Yadav, Sabhya Virmani and Sudhanshu Grover - accompanied by coach Kamlesh Mehta to Falkenberg (Sweden) for training under the ITTF WFIM project. The training is in preparation for the forthcoming World Junior Table Tennis Championships to be held in Hyderabad from December 9 to 16.
The International Table Tennis Federation has made all arrangements with the Falkenberg centre while the air passage cost has been provided by the Sports Authority of India.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: Mitchell Starc Ends Association With Virat Kohli and Co.
- Man Purposely Damages Tesla Model S to Save a Life, Gets Compensation
- Running Shaadi Review: It's Weighed Down by Choppy Editing, Inconsistent Screenplay
- Jaguar XE, XF and F-Pace Owners Can Soon Pay for Fuel Through Their Infotainment System
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Nominees For Best Singer (Male)