10 new things that come to the iPhone with Apple iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c
The iPhone 5s includes a separate chip, called the "M7 Motion co-processor", which can track motion data continuously without heavily draining the battery.
New Delhi: Two new iPhones in an array of colours and a redesigned operating system to run them were among the major announcements from Apple on Tuesday. The company also announced it will release a previously announced overhaul of its operating system for iPhones and iPads on September 18. Here are the 10 new things that come to the iPhone with the Apple iPhone 5s, iPhone 5c
1. The iPhone 5s contains a 64-bit chip instead of the 32-bit chip used in most smartphones. That will enable it to run applications and play games at speeds twice as fast as the iPhone 5.
2. With the launch of the iPhone 5s, Apple introduced a new fingerprint-recognition system to unlock your phone. The new system lets you easily unlock phones without having to type in a four-digit code. Apple says many people don't use a passcode because it is cumbersome. With fingerprints, Apple says, the iPhone can offer security more easily.
3. The iPhone 5s camera is equipped with larger pixels and a larger aperture, which helps capture more light. The new camera also has a dual flash, which Apple calls True Tone. The flash fires two bursts of lights at once, each slightly different in colour. The iPhone will adjust the combination of the two automatically to bring out more natural skin tones and other colors in images.
4. In a mild surprise, Apple said it will also begin giving away its iPhoto, iMovie, Numbers, Pages and Keynote apps as part of iOS 7. The company has been charging 99 cents to $4.99 for each of those apps. Analysts interpreted the free distribution of the Numbers, Pages and Keynote apps - part of Apple's "iWork" suite of software - as a challenge to Microsoft Corp.'s package of widely used Office programs for word processing, spreadsheets and presentations.
5. For the first time, Apple introduced totally new colours for iPhones. In the past we have seen iPhones in black and white colours. But this time Apple launched the iPhone 5s in gold, silver, and space gray colours, and the iPhone 5c in five bright colours - pink, yellow, blue, white, and green.
6. On the arrival of a new iPhone model, Apple has been observed making its previous generation model available at a discounted price. But the company this time has changed its policy and has discontinued the iPhone 5 released in September last year. While Apple would have made the discounted iPhone 5 available for $99, but the newly launched iPhone 5c fills the place. And it seems that the company did not find it worthwhile to sell two different models at the same price. The iPhone 5c has many of the attributes found in the iPhone 5.
7. Although Apple is discontinuing the iPhone 5, it will still offer the model before that, the iPhone 4S. The 4S will now be free with a two-year agreement.
8. The iPhone 5s includes a separate chip, called the "M7 Motion co-processor", which can track motion data continuously without heavily draining the battery.
9. The new phones will come with iOS 7, the next version of Apple's operating system for iPhones, iPads and iPod Touches.
10. Apple this time has come up with a bunch of smartphone cases for its newly launched iPhone 5s and iPhone 5c.
- To Me, Books Are More Important Than Films: Vishal Bhardwaj
- US Presidential Elections: New Polls Send Mixed Signals About Hillary And Trump
- Donald Trump Will Be Next US President, Predicts Election Wizard
- Salman Khan's Bodyguard Shera Faces Assault Charges in Mumbai
- Cyrus Mistry's Explosive Email to Tata Board Hints He Was Made a 'Lame Duck'
- UN Chief Condemns Terror Attack on Police Academy in Quetta
- Tata Leadership Tussle Moves from Boardroom to Courtroom
- Tata Shake-up May Distract Group from Restructuring Efforts