100 districts to have one-stop women crisis centres
Tirath said a plan of action has also been readied by the central government to arrest the declining child sex ratio.
New Delhi: Women and Child Development ministry has planned an initiative under which hospitals in 100 districts would have one-stop crisis centres to resolve problems being faced by women.
"Such centres would have medical assistance, trained police personnel and protection officers," WCD minister Krishna Tirath said at the National Editors' conference in New Delhi on Saturday.
Tirath said a plan of action has also been readied by the central government to arrest the declining child sex ratio. She said the government is also planning to set up a national level institute of women's development and empowerment.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Edges Closer to Chinese Super League
- Nach Baliye 8: Judges to Contestants; Everything That You Need to Know About The Show
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology