100 students taken ill after consuming iron tablets in government schools
The students were rushed to Gurgaon civil hospital after they complained of giddiness and pain in abdomen.
About hundred students fell ill on Tuesday after they took iron tablets in government schools at Sohna, Pataudi and Sikenderpur block in Gurgaon. The folic acid (iron) tablets were given to them as part of Haryana Health Department's supplementation programme to combat anaemia, sources said.
The students were rushed to Gurgaon civil hospital after they complained of giddiness and pain in abdomen, they said.
Around 70 students from Sohna and 15 each from Pataudi and Sikenderpur were brought to the hospital, a source said, adding most of them were discharged after treatment.
Recommended For You
- Virat Kohli and Boys Go Trekking To Unwind After Pune Debacle
- Nokia 6, 5, 3, and 3310 Launched at MWC 2017: All You Need to Know
- Ranveer Singh Is Exactly Who He is Dressing As, Says His Stylist
- Nokia 3310 Is Back And The Internet Can't Handle It
- Team India Report Card: First Test Against Australia in Pune