DON'T SHARE NUISANCE.
10,000 fake call centres running in Delhi, say police
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
New Delhi: Over 10,000 fake call centres are operating in New Delhi and many of them indulge in illegal activities of cheating innocent people, a police officer said on Monday.
"Over 10,000 fake call centres are running in the capital which are making around 2 to 2.5 lakh calls daily to people living in and outside the country," Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, he said.
"The raids are conducted whenever we receive any specific inputs about such call centres," Tyagi said.
Five people, involved in running an illegal call centre, were arrested Monday for cheating several people. They used to assure people of helping them in getting unsecured loans and insurance matters.
Recommended For You
- Champions Trophy: All-out Aggression Will Not Work In English Conditions, Says Kedar
- War Machine Review: Brad Pitt Is Disappointing In This Satire Gone Wrong
- Exclusive: Read Excerpts From Sita: Warrior of Mithila by Amish Tripathi
- List of Top Five Bikes to Buy in Less Than Rs 1 Lakh: The One That's Meant For You
- Nana Patekar Bags Key Role In Kaala Karikaalan