10,000 fake call centres running in Delhi, say police
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
New Delhi: Over 10,000 fake call centres are operating in New Delhi and many of them indulge in illegal activities of cheating innocent people, a police officer said on Monday.
"Over 10,000 fake call centres are running in the capital which are making around 2 to 2.5 lakh calls daily to people living in and outside the country," Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, he said.
"The raids are conducted whenever we receive any specific inputs about such call centres," Tyagi said.
Five people, involved in running an illegal call centre, were arrested Monday for cheating several people. They used to assure people of helping them in getting unsecured loans and insurance matters.
- BCCI Seeks Directives From Lodha Panel on Media Rights Tender
- Watch: Masand's Verdict On Tom Cruise's Jack Reacher: Never Go Back
- Jack Reacher: Never Go Back Review: Lacks Suspense, High-Adrenaline Thrills
- 'Jack Reacher: Never Go Back' Review: The Film is Dull and Predictable
- TWTW: Cyrus Broacha's take on 3rd US Presidential Debate between Trump and Hillary
- Donald Trump Says Will Not Approve AT&T-Time Warner Deal If Elected President
- Donald Trump Vows to Sue Sexual Misconduct Accusers
- Adult Film Star Jessica Drake Accuses Trump of Sexual Harassment