10,000 fake call centres running in Delhi, say police
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
New Delhi: Over 10,000 fake call centres are operating in New Delhi and many of them indulge in illegal activities of cheating innocent people, a police officer said on Monday.
"Over 10,000 fake call centres are running in the capital which are making around 2 to 2.5 lakh calls daily to people living in and outside the country," Deputy Commissioner of Police (crime) SBS Tyagi said.
Such call centres are unregistered and are generating unaccounted money, he said.
"The raids are conducted whenever we receive any specific inputs about such call centres," Tyagi said.
Five people, involved in running an illegal call centre, were arrested Monday for cheating several people. They used to assure people of helping them in getting unsecured loans and insurance matters.
Recommended For You
- Renshaw Criticised For Retiring Due to Stomach Bug
- News18 Movie Awards 2017: Aamir Khan Is Unbeatable in Best Actor Category
- Wayne Rooney Ends China Rumours, to Stay at Manchester United
- Xiaomi Redmi Note 4 Black Colour Variant to Be Available from March 1
- MINI Cooper D (5-Door) Review: A Classic That Encapsulates Modern Technology