13/7 accused had eye surgery to dodge ATS
The Lasik procedure was conducted at a private clinic, whose name has been withheld by police for security reasons.
Mumbai: Do you think you can elude the cops by getting rid of your glasses? Twenty six-year-old Wakas Ibrahim Shaikh, an accused in the 13/7 terror blasts case, definitely thinks so. He allegedly underwent a laser operation to get rid of his glasses, in a bid to disguise his look three months after the terror attack which occurred at the Opera House, Zaveri Bazaar, and Dadar (west).
The 4,000-page chargesheet, a copy of which is with Sunday Mid Day, submitted by the Anti-Terrorism Squad (ATS) reveals this fact in its 'ground level investigations'.
Shaikh underwent this surgery 'with the sole intention of altering his physical appearance to obscure his identity and thereby evade arrest.' According to the chargesheet, doctors performed the surgery three months after the blasts, on October 15, last year.
The Lasik procedure was conducted at a private clinic, whose name has been withheld by police for security reasons. Shaikh's consent form mentions that the procedure was videotaped for educational purposes, on condition of anonymity.
A month prior to the blasts, Shaikh had given a fake Byculla address when he was admitted to JJ Hospital for malaria. The medical reports suggested that he had an enlarged liver. Shaikh was hospitalised for nine days.
- Kohli Has Strong Basics, is a Complete Batsman: Laxman
- NZ Captain Hit By Bug Ahead of India Test
- New Zealand Take Tips From Ganguly Ahead of 2nd Test
- Virat Kohli Plays Down his Personal Form
- BlackBerry To Stop Making Handsets, Will Outsource Production
- Shraddha Kapoor Wanted To Be a Part Of 'Rock On' 8 Years Ago
- Rock on 2's New Song Jaago Urges You to Live Life On Your Own Terms
- Rock On 2 Trailer: Farhan, Shraddha, Arjun All Set to Bring Back Magik
From Our Network
- RSS slapping cases because I fight for the poor: Rahul Gandhi in Guwahati court over temple row- FirstPost
- After surgical strikes, Mulayam Singh demands Narendra Modi take back Pakistan occupied Kashmir - Pradesh18
- Defamation case: Amid high drama, Court stays arrest warrant against Uma Bharti - Pradesh18