Kerosene Catches Fire in PDS Shop in MP's Chhindwara, 14 Killed
The fire broke out a kerosene distribution centre in the village, a source said.
Chhindwara (MP): At least 14 people were burnt alive in a major fire that broke out at Bargi village in Madhya Pradesh's Chhindwara district on Friday, the police said.
Four persons are said to be injured and one is in critical condition.
According to reports, the fire has been controlled. The fire broke out a kerosene distribution centre in the village, a source said.
Initial reports suggest the kerosene, which was stored at the PDS shop for public distribution, caught fire and it suddenly spread to all directions.
The charred bodies of several victims have been recovered.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to those who are seriously injured.
Recommended For You
- IPL Auction 2018: All You Need to Know About the Big Days
- Prateik Babbar is Engaged to Sanya Sagar, See Pic
- All-New Maruti Suzuki Swift First Drive Review: Everything Done Right
- Sonam Kapoor's Latest Fashion Experiment Is Winning Our Hearts; See Pics
- Stop Monkeying Around, Farhan Akhtar & Prakash Raj Tell Satyapal Singh; Minister Defiant