Kerosene Catches Fire in PDS Shop in MP's Chhindwara, 14 Killed
TV grab of destroyed PDS shop.
Chhindwara (MP): At least 14 people were burnt alive in a major fire that broke out at Bargi village in Madhya Pradesh's Chhindwara district on Friday, the police said.
Four persons are said to be injured and one is in critical condition.
According to reports, the fire has been controlled. The fire broke out a kerosene distribution centre in the village, a source said.
Initial reports suggest the kerosene, which was stored at the PDS shop for public distribution, caught fire and it suddenly spread to all directions.
The charred bodies of several victims have been recovered.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to those who are seriously injured.
Recommended For You
- IPL 2017: RCB vs GL - Star of the Match - Aaron Finch
- Manchester Derby: Fellaini Sees Red as United Hold City to a 0-0 Draw
- Salman Khan Asks Fans To 'Instantly Welcome' Katrina Kaif On Instagram
- IPL 2017: Jadeja Reveals Why Kohli Laughed Hard at His Expense
- Are You the Biggest Baahubali Fan Ever? Here's Your Chance to Prove It