Kerosene Catches Fire in PDS Shop in MP's Chhindwara, 14 Killed
The fire broke out a kerosene distribution centre in the village, a source said.
Chhindwara (MP): At least 14 people were burnt alive in a major fire that broke out at Bargi village in Madhya Pradesh's Chhindwara district on Friday, the police said.
Four persons are said to be injured and one is in critical condition.
According to reports, the fire has been controlled. The fire broke out a kerosene distribution centre in the village, a source said.
Initial reports suggest the kerosene, which was stored at the PDS shop for public distribution, caught fire and it suddenly spread to all directions.
The charred bodies of several victims have been recovered.
Meanwhile, Madhya Pradesh CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan has announced an ex-gratia of Rs 4 lakh to the kin of those killed and Rs 50,000 to those who are seriously injured.
Recommended For You
- Flipkart Big Billion Days Sale: Top 10 Offers on Samsung Galaxy Android Smartphones
- Padmavati: It's Tough to Take Eyes Off Deepika As Rani Padmavati
- Tata Nexon Compact SUV Launched in India for Rs 5.85 Lakhs
- FIFA U-17 World Cup: India Announce 21-member Squad for Tournament
- 10 Best Crime Thrillers That Promise Goosebumps And Excitement